Franchise Opportunities in… Truro
Why choose Truro as a place to run your Franchise?
Truro is the most southernly city in the UK and the only city in Cornwall region. It is known for being the centre of retail, leisure and administration for the area and is well known for its tourist attractions. It attracts people not only from around the UK but also the world.
Here are a few stats for those who prefer numbers:
- 1.2 million people STAY in Newquay every year
- 55,000 people use the Newquay Airport in June
- £300 million how much people every year
With the southwest being quite a heavy seasonal destination, picking the right franchise can make all the difference.
Truro like mentioned above is certainly not centralised or particularly close to the rest of the UK however there are some great transport links. You can get direct services from London, South Wales and even Scotland… but fortunately that is on a sleeper train. In terms of road links, the easiest way is via the M5 to Exeter and then go on the A30 or A38. If you needed to get there in an emergency you can also fly to Newquay, Exeter or Bristol.
Are there suitable areas for me to start-up a Franchise?
With Truro not being particularly large, most of the areas to set up the franchise would be in and around the city centre. This allows for the greatest exposure due to the various transport links that pass through the city and the seasonal visitors. The city has a great blend of outside and indoor markets and a busy high street.
What kind of support will I receive in Truro?
Whilst receiving backing and support from your Franchisor, you can also look to benefit from other guidance from local and national schemes such as:
- UK Start Ups - This provides small business owners to the portal filled with experts and resources in order to get the business grow and develop. They help plan targets and help you acquire funding in order to help your business really get off the mark
- TruroBID - This is mostly an informative guide and resource centre that allows you to stay up to date with the latest news and guidelines to follow throughout these troubled times. They also look offer advice and avenues to explore in terms of funding and relief grants for those affected by COVID-19
- SWIG Finance - This company helps to provide viable SMEs and new start-ups with finance and dedicated support through business loans and funds. Start-up loans (trading under 2 years) start from £500-£25,000, or Enterprise loans for businesses over 2 years can receive £10,000-£250,000. With help from advisors and online resources they have already invested over £30m for 2,500 businesses.
These were just a few examples of how you can get the extra backing necessary for when you are starting your franchise journey. From informative guides to finance, it should help you feel more confident in starting up. Truro is going to be a real winner for those who understand the rewards in seasonal trade and at the same time you can enjoy some surfing, ice cream and some of the freshest fish and chips going!