The UK Franchise Industry Stats & Figures
The UK Franchise Industry
The UK Franchise industry is in fantastic shape! And we just wanted to share with you some of the facts and figures.
- The Franchise Industry contributes £15 Billion to the UK economy - an increase of 46% over the past 10 years
- The total number of people employed within franchising has now reached 621,000 - an increase of 70% over the past 10 years
- Franchise Owned businesses has now reached 44,000 units - an increase of 14%
- Over half of franchisees are now declaring an average turnover that exceeds £250,000
- Employment has continued to increase with one-third of franchisees employing 10 or more staff
- An incredible 97% of franchisees are running in profitability
- Ownership changes within franchising is impressively low, with just 4.6%, and failures within franchising considerably lower than that of other start ups.
- An impressive 91% of franchisees have declared satisfaction with their franchisor
- Multiple units are now being operated by 29% of franchisees
- 80% of franchised brands are UK-owned and developed
- one in five franchisees launched within the UK were set up by investors under the age of 30
20 years ago the franchise industry contributed just £5 Billion to the UK Economy. Franchising is on the up! Franchise Stats and Facts were sourced from the latest bfa/Natwest franchise survey.