Moonstone Day Care
No. Of Franchisees
Break Even In
About Moonstone Day Care
Moonstone Day Care was started in 2014 by founder, Kerrie-Ann Wynter, who realised there was a better way to approach childcare – one that put the children first; but which also recognised the role of the staff. Kerrie-Ann’s research showed that many nursery groups (particularly the larger chains) actually missed this vital point. If the staff enjoyed being there and felt valued in their role, then the environment would be much more welcoming for the children; the key to Moonstone’s success is making sure that the children are there because they want to be, not because they need to be. Moonstone have always created a cosy, caring home-from-home environment which the children love. Happy children mean happy parents, and that makes for a highly successful and sustainable business model!
Why Choose Us?
At Moonstone, we can tick all of the boxes.
The nursery sector is extremely successful. The market is growing every day and shows no signs of slowing down. Families so often need two incomes these days, and so the requirement for good, affordable childcare is not going away any time soon.
Is the business model proven?
Before we even began to franchise the business we built and operated 5 of our own day care centres of our own; all in different locations, with different group sizes and styles of property and so we’ve learned a few lessons along the way! We operate small, friendly, cost-effective nurseries and have established an excellent reputation for providing value for money along with high quality childcare.
Training and support
Our goal is to help you build a profitable business that you will enjoy running and will be successful, because after all, your success is our success!
- Extensive initial and ongoing training
- Full Business and Operational Training
- Advice on guidance on selecting suitable properties
- Advice on how to market your business and generate customers
- Unlimited on-going support and advice from our experienced team
- A presence on the internet through you own website
- Detailed advice on how to set up and start running your business
There is a core training module of 5 days which takes place at our Head Office in Erdington, Birmingham. Then, depending upon which type of role you want to take on (be it the nursery manager or the business owner employing a nursery manager) the next phase of training will be tailored to suit your requirements. This can range from a few days management training, up to hands-on apprenticeship-style training at one of our existing settings.
Is Moonstone Day Care the franchise for you?
The benefits of joining Moonstone Day Care include:
- Operating in growing market with a stable future
- Buying into a proven business model
- Building a loyal customer base that brings repeat business and revenue
- Having a highly competitive offering in the marketplace
- Having a great reputation that attracts new customers
- Building a valuable asset for your future
- Benefiting form the knowledge, help and support that comes with being part of the Moonstone network.
When considering working together, it is very important to both parties to make the right decision. Therefore, we have a process in place that enables us to find out about each other and ensure we both feel comfortable with any decision we make.
The first step is to decide whether you broadly fit the profile of person we are looking for:
- Are you looking to build a successful and sustainable business over the long term?
- Can you work in a fast-paced environment, dealing with issues as they arise calmly and efficiently?
- Do you believe good customer service is the way to build a business?
- Would you be able to pass an enhanced DBS check?
- Do you enjoy working with children
- Are you good at managing people?
- Are you fit and active?
- Are you prepared to closely follow a proven business system?
The Franchise Package:
When you come to see us, one of the things we shall discuss in much more detail will be the financial investment involved in becoming a Moonstone Day Care franchisee and what you receive in return. However, the basics are as follows:
The total franchise package fee is £29,950 + VAT which includes:
- All furniture and equipment for 48 place nursery
- Launch Publicity & PR Package
- Office Equipment
- Full Business and Operational Training
- Operations Manual
- You own local website
- Our ongoing fees
We charge our franchisees a small management services fee of just 8.5% (+ VAT) of the total monthly sales income to the business. This represents excellent value and is one of the lowest fees in the sector.
The set-up costs:
The largest element of the set-up cost is usually related to the premises and can vary significantly depending upon the condition the premises are in and the amount of work involved in getting them ready.
In order to have a realistic budget, your total investment (assuming a sensible amount of refurbishment work) and including the franchise fee plus an element of working capital is likely to fall between £80,000 and £120,000.
We have key territories available throughout the UK & Ireland
Your Next Steps
If you see yourself as being an ideal candidate for a Moonstone Day Care franchise please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly.
No Success Stories