Fun Fest Holiday Club
No. Of Franchisees
Break Even In
The Fun Fest Holiday Club model
Fun Fest Holiday Clubs empower children by giving them a choice about how they spend their holidays. With exciting activity sessions such as Nerf Challenge, Mission Impossible, Beauty School, Mad About Science, Pottery, Harry Potter Experience, Jewellery Making, Great Outdoors, Go Karting, Cupcake Heaven, Sports Action and many more, there is something to appeal to every child.
We run Ofsted registered holiday clubs on school premises for 3-12 year olds in the school holidays. With a menu of exciting activities to choose from every morning and afternoon, each child designs their own individual holiday programme. They are staffed by qualified and experienced childcare professionals as well as sports coaches and enthusiastic students who have been trained in safeguarding and first aid. This creates an energetic and fun atmosphere balanced with a safe, controlled environment.
They offer parents a solution to their holiday childcare dilemmas; high quality and flexible holiday childcare that suits all their children and which runs for full working days for the full duration of the holidays.
Why choose Fun Fest Holiday Club?
- Unprecedented demand by parents for holiday childcare - Across Britain one in five families now use group-based holiday childcare (Holiday Childcare Survey 2016)
- Insufficient supply of holiday childcare - 70% of English local authorities report they do not have enough sufficient holiday childcare places for working parents (Holiday Childcare Survey 2019)
- Government support to increase holiday childcare provision - Through the introduction of new 'right to request' powers for parents and childcare providers as well as the new Tax-Free Childcare Policy
- Growing need for schools to generate their own sources of income - As public spending on education falls in real terms, schools are increasingly looking for innovative ways of generating additional income
Fun Fest Holiday Clubs are unique because they offer:
- Ofsted registration for early years (3-5 years) - The vast majority of holiday clubs do not take children under the age of 5
- Through to holiday clubs for teens - which provides activities and outings aimed at this age group, incorporating a greater degree of independence. There are very few clubs which cater for these young people who are too old for holiday clubs and yet are still too young to be left at home, unsupervised for the day.
- A choice to children about how they spend their holidays. This makes our clubs child-driven, enabling them to appeal to all children whatever their interests and talents.
- A proven record of success. Clubs continue to work postively and profitably for our franchisees
- Their own page on the fun-fest.co.uk website. This enables bookings, payments, registers, child information, parental permission etc to be completed automatically, removing a huge adminstrative burden from our franchisees.
How much does it cost?
£9,999 + VAT plus an ongoing management fee of 10% of sales + VAT
How much profit should can I expect to make?
- We expect a single medium sized club with attendance of 70 children per day to make the franchisee a profit of £30k per year (£2.7k per week)
- We expect a single large club with attendance of 120 children per day to make the franchisee a profit of £65k per year (£4.5k per week)
This is pre-tax profit based upon clubs operating for 11 weeks per year.
Running a single club is not expected to be the equivalent of a full time job in terms of earnings or time commitment. This should work to the advantage of our franchisees as they can run a single club around other work or family commitments or they can open more clubs or services* if they wish to work and earn at a higher level.
*We have experience of running day nurseries, wraparound care and children’s parties
N.B. This is based upon clubs operating for 11 weeks per year. The figures indicate profits which have been experienced by the franchisor and its franchisees. There is no guarantee that you will achieve the same results, nor is it intended that you should rely on them as a warranty or guarantee of what you will achieve.
The Franchise Package
- The licence to run Fun Fest Holiday Clubs with a region of the UK, defined by the postcodes within that region. Each region is mapped to contain at least 17,500 children aged 4-12 years old.
- Access to our Management Information System which provides:
- Your own club page on www.fun-fest.co.uk
- Ability to take on-line bookings and payments
- Ready to print registers
- Access to important information and contacts for children
- Database of customer email addresses
- Analysis of sales data
- Training and support in all aspects of setting up and running your Fun Fest Holiday Club and running your Fun Fest Holiday Club including:
- Manual of operations systems
- Ofsted licence and training
- Business training sessions
- 1 week of in-club training
- Ongoing Regional Operations Director support
- Annual conference for franchisees
- Tool kits:
- Activity sessions
- Recruitment and staff
Who are we looking for?
We believe that our franchise opportunities would ideally suit:
- Parents who want to work flexible around other commitments: running a single club is not a full time job so it can be managed in a way which fits around work, family or other commitments
- Teacher and Teaching Assistants who want a different challenge: they can use their teaching and childcare qualifications and experience but work for themselves in an environment where the only target is for the children in their care to have fun!
- Entrepreneurs who want to be part of developing Fun Fest as a nationwide household name: Entrepreneurs who want to be part of developing Fun Fest as a nationwide household name.
Whatever your situation, we are looking for people who are:
- Knowledgeable about their local area in terms of families, schools and childcare so that they can set up and market their clubs in the best way for their local market
- Able to plan ahead, project manage and complete tasks to a deadline: this is crucial as the parents and children will arrive on their first morning expecting everything to be running like clockwork
- Looking for quality and excellence in everything that they do. Our clubs are inspected and graded by Ofsted and must be rated 'good' or above to meet our standards
- Skilled and empathetic communicators and leaders
- Childcare qualifications and experience are helpful but not necessary
No Success Stories