Sarah Canavan, owner of Lingotot Bexley, has been shortlisted in the Local Focus category at the bfa HSBC British Franchise Awards, taking place at the Vox, Birmingham, on November 30. Formerly a client service account manager, Sarah wanted to put her language skills in German, French and Spanish to good use and help children learn languages, so acquiring a Lingotot franchise was ideal for her. “I provide language teaching to children aged 0-11 in schools, nurseries, childminders, parent-chi...Read More
No. Of Franchisees
Break Even In
About Lingotot franchise
Lingotot was established in the UK in 2010 by Angela Sterling, fully qualified teacher whose GCSE students ranked in the top 10 in the world. She also worked for Newcastle and Southampton universities researching language acquisition at different ages. When she first founded the company, Angela wanted to give children the opportunity to experience and explore new languages and cultures while reaping the all-round benefits of language-learning on their way to global citizenship.
Since the BBC attended Angela’s first ever class, the business has seen rapid growth and we now teach around 20,000 children per week via our network of over 50 franchisees who are achieving the level of flexibility and success that they want.
We recognise that the ongoing success of our franchise network requires continuous support and we are dedicated to supporting and encouraging our franchisees.
Lingotot is proud to teach our multi award-winning language classes to thousands of children each and every week. The Lingotot method makes use of active, communicative and interactive teaching methods which come naturally to young learners. Learning is through songs, stories, games, drama and play. When you join the Lingotot family you enter a friendly and professional network from a range of different backgrounds who all share a common purpose: Making language learning child’s play.
Why Choose Lingotot?
- Complete flexibility: Choose your own languages, classes, work patterns and even if you want to teach at all! - Mornings can include classes in the community or nurseries. Afternoons you may be teaching in schools in place of the class teacher or spend your evenings, weekends and school holidays teaching extra-curricular and holiday clubs.
- Low start-up costs: Classes are run in nurseries, schools and the community, no large expense required on setting up dedicated premises. The only large investment required is the initial franchise fee of £8290 (+VAT).
- Fast growing brand renowned for quality: We are proud to be a member of the British Franchise Association (BFA). Lingotot is the only children’s language franchise to offer teaching qualifications for staff accredited by NCFE Cache in addition to qualifications for our children.
- Excellent training and support: Franchisees also benefit from a Franchise Business Qualification and further certificates in safeguarding, data protection, first aid etc. Some training is online, and you will attend an intensive business training weekend. This is followed with regular 1:1 mentoring and 3 months of handholding. Behind the scenes we operate our award-winning intranet, LingoHub. LingoHub provides access to all back of office functions from class booking to financial data.
All further training is included and includes mentoring, personalised reports, weekly training via webinar and much more!
- Multi-Language Support: Full support for 8 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin, Arabic and Welsh. Other languages can be developed by mutual agreement.
- Proven Track Record: Lingotot first started to franchise in 2011 with the launch of its first pilot units. The company released franchises UK wide in 2012 and now boasts a network of over 50 franchisees which directly employ a further 80 teachers.
- Growing Focus by parents and the Government: The benefits to children of the early learning of languages is being increasingly recognised by both parents and the Government and languages are now compulsory in English primary schools.
- Sustainable business model: Some studies show that franchises have a success rate of approximately 90 percent as compared to only about 15 percent for businesses that are started from the ground up.
- Variety of income streams: Including classes in schools during curriculum time, baby groups, pre-school classes, extra-curricular clubs, holiday camps, Generations classes in care homes, LingoStars drama, LingoChoir, LingoChat courses for adults and additional revenue through product sales.
- Family owned business: We are invested in your success as the brand is very close to our hearts and your success is our success. We genuinely call ourselves The Lingotot Family!
What are the requirements to become a Lingotot franchisee?
- The main requirement for becoming a Lingotot Franchisee is that you have a passion for teaching children languages, we focus more on recruiting the right people rather than those with specific skills or experience.
- Being multilingual is an advantage but not a requirement, if your language skills are a bit rusty, we have a LingoBoost programme to polish them up. Some of our franchisees do not speak any other languages themselves and rely on tutors to teach the lessons.
- Previous teaching experience is an advantage but not required. We provide accredited teacher training.
- No previous business experience required; we provide full support.
There is obviously so much more to tell you about the opportunity to run a Lingotot Franchise, please fill in your details below and we will send our franchise information brochure through to you.
Lingotot can offer extra support to new franchisees who sign up in June to help get you started ASAP:
I am sure that you are still interested in joining Lingotot as a franchisee but are worried that the time is not right.... but your local schools and nurseries are still planning for the new academic year in September. If you'd like to launch your business for the new academic year, it's important you start very soon! Lingotot can offer the following support to new franchisees who sign in June to help get you started asap: 100% funding via a government loan | 6 months working capital via our finance partner* | 6-month loan repayment holiday | 6-month fee holiday |Marketing training and plan |Complete online teacher training and start teaching online right away.
Do I Need to be a Teacher? - Angela Sterling, Lingotot MD, explains the teaching roles at Lingotot.Read More
Qualities of a Franchisee - Angela Sterling, Lingotot MD, explains the qualities needed to be a franchisee.Read More
Children across the UK and beyond will soon have the opportunity to learn a new language in a fun, interactive Forest School. The franchise business, which has been running since 2010, has grown from offering French lessons to children in the North-East of England to a multinational operation, providing the option of eight different languages, including Spanish, Mandarin and Italian. Lingotot has continued to support children with interactive, engaging and child-centred online classes througho...Read More
Have a read of the following Q&A to learn more about Lingotot franchisee Harriet!What’s your career background – what did you do before you joined Lingotot?Before Lingotot, I was a secondary school MFL teacher and before that I worked as a researcher in parliament.How did you first hear about franchising and what made you choose Lingotot?I felt disillusioned by teaching (and how I would manage it long term with two children) and googled 'MFL Franchise'. A few options came up, but within about 20...Read More
Lingotot Gravesend franchisee Priya Purryag reveals her Lingotot experience after first joining the franchise What’s your career background – what did you do before you joined Lingotot? Prior to Lingotot, after graduating in International Management in French from UMIST (University of Manchester, Institute of Science & Technology), I joined the Royal Bank of Scotland and spent 10 years working in commercial roles in the world of Insurance and Banking. After the birth of my son, I decided to...Read More
Lingotot Southend franchisee Kate Thorne reveals her Lingotot experience after first joining the franchise in May 2018.Career Background My background was in the finance industry valuing corporate pensions, and I left my last role as a supervisor of a team of 8 people. I studied my languages degree with the OU whilst working full time and when I had my 2nd child, I wanted to be able to use my language skills whilst finding something more flexible for my family. How They First Heard About Franc...Read More
Lingotot Gravesend franchisee Jaclyn Townsend reveals her Lingotot experience after first joining the franchise in October 2017.Career Background I studied languages and always had a passion for them and have had family living in Spain for many years before my parents retired out there 14 years ago. I used to work in London as a Facilities Manager looking after, maintaining and refurbishing buildings for a digital brand & design agency. How They First Heard About Franchising and Their Due Dili...Read More